Sunday, June 26, 2011

Psalm 25- Confident Prayer for Forgiveness and Guidance

“Make known to me your ways, LORD; teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. For you I wait all the long day, because of your goodness, LORD” (25:4-5).

Lord, I love you and want to always walk in your Truth. The more I learn about you, the stronger my yearning to know you grows. I hunger for you Lord. Guide me, lead me on the path of righteousness; keep the desire in my heart to know you more and more each day. I want to be strong and confident in my faith so that I can “boast in hope of the glory of God” (Romans 5:2).

To be Christian means to take up my cross and follow you, Lord. “If you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps” (1 Peter 2:20-21).

Sometimes, Lord, it seems like it would be easier not to do your will. To turn my eyes away from those in need because I am tired; to say hurtful things because I have been hurt; to give into temptation instead of fighting against it. Forgive me for the times I have done these things instead of doing Your will. Give me the strength to always do what is good and pleasing to you.

“For the sake of your name, LORD, pardon my guilt though it is great” (25:11). 

In my sinfulness, Lord, help me to frequently receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation so that I can be washed clean of my sins. When I wait, it is easy to deceive myself by minimizing my sins. I fall into the sin of presumption, telling myself that I’ll enjoy this sin a few more times and then I’ll go to confession and start anew. I want to run to you Lord whenever I fall instead of crawling around in darkness.

“Let honesty and virtue preserve me” (25:21).

No comments:

Post a Comment