Sunday, March 18, 2012

Surrender

God helped me to see that I have to let go, I have to walk away. So I pray for him to remove the doubt and fear from my heart and help me to be at peace. I want to do His will, to do what is pleasing to him even if it is painful. Dear Lord, I need courage to walk away and more importantly to never look back. Provide me with the gift of fortitude to bear the weight of this cross. Help me to face my trials and burdens with confidence in knowing that I am not alone.

Our sufferings are not setbacks, but part of our path. If lived in the presence of the Father, nothing is wasted.” ~ Magnificat

I know you use all things for your glory. There is nothing insignificant in our lives when we are united with Christ. May all that I do be offered to you, Lord. May I look beyond myself and my pain and reach out to others, especially those who are hurting. Help me to take the energy that I have been pouring into my attempts for reconciliation and pour it into my relationship with you. Your love is all that I need, help me to quit looking for affirmation and love from those in this world. My complete healing is your desire. Forgive me for trying to make things happen my way and according to my plan. Forgive me for my selfishness in trying to force something to happen that is not part of your plan. Total surrender is what is required for this healing to occur. Help me to not be afraid and to let go completely; to fall into Your hands, my Creator.

“Let us fall into the hands of the LORD and not into the hands of men, for equal to his majesty is the mercy that he shows.” (Sirach 2:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment