Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Soul Rejoices


“The LORD puts to death and gives life; he casts down to the nether world; he raises up again. The LORD makes poor and makes rich, he humbles, he also exalts.” (1 Samuel 2:6-7)

The Lord makes all things right. He has the power to bring life into what seems hopeless. He uses a child’s laughter to distill the fear in his parents after being told that their child has cancer. He provides a glimpse of hope for the staff after being bombarded with new diagnoses and deaths. He has the power to bind up our wounds and bring peace to a grieving family. He wants us to “proclaim the greatness of the Lord” and for our “spirit to rejoice in God my savior.” God is faithful and he will lead us to the Truth and there we can find peace. He is Almighty.

In order to make things right in our lives, sometimes we are the ones that he has to humble. We are the ones he casts down from their thrones, the thrones that we have made for ourselves and that we sit upon and judge others. “The bows of the mighty are broken, while the tottering gird on strength.” I have been tottering these past few days. I have been struggling with letting go of the past and accepting that things will never be that way again; the relationship is over. Even though God has allowed our paths to cross, the Lord wants me to let go completely. He gave me strength yesterday when I was tottering. He wants me to “rejoice in my victory” over this struggle that I have been dealing with for a long time. He wants me to know that I can be victorious, but only if I put my trust in him and put on the armor of God. “Stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in the readiness for the gospel of peace.” (Ephesians 6:13-15)

Lord, help me to make room for you in my heart and not allow you to be crowded out by fear or sadness. Cast out the darkness in my heart with the light of your love. Amen.

The picture I chose is one that I took during my visit to the Holy Land, perfect for today.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if that path crossing was an opportunity to rejoice in your victory and see how far you've come.

    Maybe seeing the progress will give you added strength and confidence to keep moving forward and to know you are doing it and you are doing it well and you can take back your power, your power to be happy and know you are valuable. You are valuable to many, very many.

    Be safe

    ReplyDelete