Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Soul Thirsts for You



 “O God, you are my God, for you I long! For you my body yearns; for you my soul thirsts, like a land parched lifeless, and without water. So I look to you in the sanctuary to see your power and glory. For your love is better than life; my lips offer you worship.” (Psalm 63:2-4)

I love today’s Responsorial Psalm. “My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.” There are times that I physically ache for God. I yearn for His presence. I know I am nothing without him. It is in my complete surrender; my poverty, that I acknowledge my own sinfulness and have a contrite heart. It is in these moments that I discover who God is. In my brokenness there is a breach through which something new can take place. God can create in me a clean heart and renew in me a steadfast spirit. (Psalm 51:12)

I seek you in the sanctuary, through the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. I lose myself in the music that offers praise to you. We become one in communion, confessing that we have sinned through our own fault; in our thoughts, and in our words; in what we have done and what we have failed to do. We ask for Mary, all the angels and saints and for one another to pray for us. (Penitential rite) Through our prayers we give you glory. We worship you, we give you thanks, we praise you for your glory. (Gloria) We see your power through the Holy Spirit as the bread and wine become the Body and Blood of your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. We admit that we are unworthy to receive you but, just as the centurion; we know that you need only say the words and we shall be healed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment